Try xScope. http://xscopeapp.com/

You could use the Screens option to set up a Safari window to the size it would
have on the iPad, and use the mirror function to display that window on your
iPad. Then you just have to preview to that window from BBEdit to see the
result on the iPad. You can also tap and hold the mirrored window on the iPad
to display the controls, and tap the lock to keep the Safari window displayed
even when you take BBEdit to the front.

Philippe