I agree. I use BBEdit mostly for writing and taking notes, not for
coding; text manipulation or sculpting.

Fast and efficient spelling correction is the one thing I wish I could
improve in BBEdit.

I'd kill for: one key-press to jump to the previous misspelled word and a
pop-up with suggestions I could select with the keyboard, I hit enter and
I'm taken back to where I was. 3 keystrokes to correct a misspelling. Or
maybe just give me a keybinding for the contextual menu for the selected
word — but BB I'm sure can come up with something better.