Steve Nicholson wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2012, at 5:33 PM, Robert Scott wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>> I'm a BBEdit user, but I just got a job as a Developer at a Windows shop,
>> They are using TextPad...  Can anyone recommend an alternative, something
>> closer to BBEdit or Coda?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> When I was a Windows programmer in the previous century I used and liked a
> program called Multi-Edit. It seems like they are still around:
> http://www.multiedit.com/ME2008.php.

I've heard good things about Cream <http://cream.sourceforge.net/> on
the Vim Dev list from people there using Windows.

You can either have it as "full cream" which has a lot of the
functionality of Vim but without the so called 'steep' learning curve or
straight Vim "without cream". Full cream is apparently a much easier
route if you have no experience of Vim.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--