As I understand it, it's sort of impossible. You can manually recreate the
basics of, say, HTML (the tags, etc) and add in your own stuff, but you
can't make it so that it inherits all the goodness of the built-in HTML (ie
knowing that a script tag means the text therein is now Javascript, so use
the built-in Javascript rules).

But it's been a while since I asked for "language inheritance", so maybe
something's changed?