On May 23, 2013, at 8:18 AM, Jeremy Cowgar <jer...@cowgar.com> wrote:

> I do not see any other way of creating a new file in my project. If I press
> Command-N, a new window entirely is created, which isn't what I want 99% of
> the time. 99% of the time I want a new document for my current project.

The short answer is: there is no built-in way to do this. But it has been
discussed here on the board once or twice. I recommend sending
supp...@barebones.com a feature request.

But you could make something in Applescript that makes a new document inside
the front-most project's directory, or moves the mouse around to the right
places. I'll leave the specifics of that to someone with a better
working-knowledge of Applescript.