As long as just php syntax checking is needed / wanted for me the
ultimative solution still is

http://daringfireball.net/2003/12/php_syntax_checking_in_bbedit

Despite being almost 10 years old by now it simply works, is reliable and
helpful. I use it every day. Bind it to an easy shortcut (F7 is mine, just
honoring SciTE), make it a habit to hit F7 before cmd-s, and on you go.

There is a daughter project for JavaScript, if one is doing such heavily:

http://www.schmoyer.com/code/js_lint/

It's not as picky as a true jslint (http://www.jslint.com) but for common
real world cases that may be rather welcome. I have it on ctrl-F7 and use
it often. (and it should anyway be easy to adapt to the "true jslint" -
never had a need to undertake that little effort so far, anyway)

regards,
--stefan