FYI, there is a nifty Python utility for a live preview of reStructuredText called restview. Set up an HTML Web Site in BBEdit with the name of the server, then edit .rst files and view them with preview.
https://github.com/mgedmin/restview

And a BBEdit Language Module for syntax coloring and autocompletion.
https://bitbucket.org/EricFromCanada/ericfromcanada.bitbucket.org/src/default/bbedit/reStructuredText.plist

--steve

On 12/28/13 at 3:29 PM, olivertay...@me.com (Oliver Taylor) pronounced:

I’m trying to setup a simple Preview Filter for reStreucturedText using pandoc.

Pandoc reads from STDIN and prints to STDOUT - the following works great in the
terminal:

echo "this is **marked-up** text" | pandoc -f rst -t html

My thought (and I’m sure this isn’t correct) was that making a Preview Filter would be as simple as a file that looks like this:

#!/bin/bash
pandoc -f rst -t html

…but no luck. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?