Hi,

I use DEVONthink. It has an option to index folders, so I just tell it to index the folders where I'm doing my writing or development. It has excellent organization and search capabilities. For something quick, using the built-in editor/viewer works fine, but it's easy to open the files in another program.

To be honest, the only think I use DEVONthink for with text files is search. I can look at a file and check "See Also" and it gives a list of files it thinks might be relevant. This can be handy for research as it will pull up PDFs which might be of use.

Cheers,

Tim.