Hello John,

Thanks for the tip. However, I did not meet with success. As per your
instructions, I tried Windows (Latin 1), as well as the other aforementioned
encodings, and I changed the font several times to the three that I mentioned
previously. Again, regardless of which ones I chose, using that menu  option
did not make any difference. In some cases, a few of the characters displayed
properly, but the vast majority did not.

Back to the drawing board.