Dropbox, for the simple reason that you have a web-based interface that
you can use to retrieve any files which were deleted _and_ previous
versions of files going back 30 days.

I know that iCloud now has some mechanism for retrieving deleted files via
icloud.com but Dropbox's is much more feature-rich and intuitive to me.

I also prefer the fact that it is much easier to see when Dropbox is
working to sync files via the menu bar icon, rather than iCloud, which
continues to try to hide everything behind a shroud of “Trust us, it just
works!”

TjL

p.s. - also note that the “Keep Historical Backups” feature in BBEdit can
use the sync folder as well.

p.p.s. - [Off-Topic]  if you want to sync _other_ files or folders but
don't want to use Dropbox/iCloud or can't (due to space limitations),
checkout BitTorrent Sync. It will allow you to sync _any_ folder, without
having to move it. So you could sync your ~/Documents or ~/Movies/ or
~/Pictures/ folders, for example. The only thing to be careful of is apps
that store database files (i..e Photos, iTunes) which may not sync well. I
get around that by moving them out of the default folders (for example my
iTunes library goes in ~/iTunes not ~/Music/). See
http://forum.bittorrent.com and http://www.getsync.com for more, or feel
free to contact me off-list.

--
TJ Luoma