On 1/22/16 at 12:04 PM, garci...@butte.edu (Garcia) wrote:

I've done the same as T Burger. What happened to that eloquent collapse-reveal button? And what a flipped answer "This is fixed in place on the left and not relocatable." In my search to do what T Burger and others what to do I see that this has been an issue since version 10. You might want to rethink this or rethink your slogo cuz this piece "sucks". The image shows that simple and eloquent drawer button BBEdit once had. And instead of a flipped answer how about telling us why the fixed position is better?

Rich's answer is correct but for those who may be curious, we replaced the old-style document drawer with a sidebar for reasons of compatibility, since drawers have been deprecated UI for several OS releases now and have bugs that Apple is not going to fix[*], and it's technically infeasible to move the sidebar.

[*: which is why other apps don't use them anymore either :-) ]

Regards,

 Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc.             <http://www.barebones.com/>

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email