Hello!

Once in a while I like to save the transcripts of video-tutorials from LinkedIn (formerly Lynda). The format changes constantly, so I'm faced with new challenges every time :-)

The same now: I have this TOC

---
Contents

Introduction
Welcome (Viewed)
Video 51s
Save Welcome

1. Concepts and Preparation
Tim's 3 rules for getting started (Viewed)
Video 2m 43s
Save Tim's 3 rules for getting started
Define your real workflow (Viewed)
Video 1m 26s
Save Define your real workflow
Our organizational goal (Viewed)
Video 1m 55s
Save Our organizational goal
Inventory and backup (Viewed)
Video 1m 46s
Save Inventory and backup

2. Cleaning Up
Reconnect missing folders (Viewed)
Video 4m 41s
Save Reconnect missing folders
Locate missing photos (Viewed)
Video 6m 41s
Save Locate missing photos
Update old catalog versions (Viewed)
Video 3m 22s
Save Update old catalog versions
Consolidate our catalogs (Viewed)
Video 5m 34s
Save Consolidate our catalogs
Rename your master catalog (Viewed)
Video 4m 49s
Save Rename your master catalog
Consolidate photo storage (Viewed)
Video 5m 7s
Save Consolidate photo storage
Merge folders (Viewed)
Video 4m 0s
Save Merge folders
Split photos to subfolders (Viewed)
Video 3m 35s
Save Split photos to subfolders
Clean up date-based folders (Viewed)
Video 4m 18s
Save Clean up date-based folders
Rename folders (Viewed)
Video 4m 46s
Save Rename folders
Rename photos (Viewed)
Video 4m 37s
Save Rename photos

3. Correcting Metadata
Correct capture time (Viewed)
Video 4m 24s
Save Correct capture time
Resolve color label mismatches (Viewed)
Video 4m 9s
Save Resolve color label mismatches
Update photo attributes (Viewed)
Video 5m 1s
Save Update photo attributes
Correct keyword spelling errors (Viewed)
Video 2m 28s
Save Correct keyword spelling errors

4. Wrapping Up
Your first import after cleanup (Viewed)
Video 2m 35s
Save Your first import after cleanup
Migrate to a new hard drive (Viewed)
Video 3m 56s
Save Migrate to a new hard drive
Create a backup system (Viewed)
Video 3m 20s
Save Create a backup system
Be consistent (and organized) (Viewed)
Video 1m 9s

---

I'm searching for a couple of things:

1. I would like to delete all of the "(Viewed)" - words (after the name of the chapters). 2. I would like to delete all the "Video" - words before the duration of each chapter. 3. I would like to concatenate the lines containing the name of the chapters with their duration.

That will make from this 2 lines

Be consistent (and organized) (Viewed)
Video 1m 9s

this line:

Be consistent (and organized) 1m 9s

And finally:

4. I would like to delete all the lines saying "Save <name of chapter>".

How would you do all of this in an elegant, efficient (= BBEdit ;-) way?

Thanks!

Regards,
Vlad

P.S. That's not all, but I still have a script (thanks again, Chris! ;-) for numbering the chapters and I expect that it will still work, despite all of the changes ;-)

P.P.S. Little OT: Positioning the cursor on the first of the "(Viewed)" - words highlights all of them but… how to delete them all of once?! (the same with "Video").

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email