joshua -

you're (obviously) not a 'terrible person'... but please do note the
incredible loyalty to barebones and bbedit from us long-time
users/supporters.

don't need the additional features offered by bbedit and can get by with
text wrangler? vaya con dios, hermano.

on the other hand, if you want (need?) the full monty offered by bbedit,
you'd get a big bang for the buck.

for a complete comparison of what each app offers, please see:
https://goo.gl/A3gu1

fyi... i've built hundred of websites using bbedit and do all of my coding
(mostly php), craigslist ads, whatever using the app... even so, i'm sure i
don't use a lot of the functionality it offers... kind of like having a
ferrari and only using it to drive to the safeway a mile and a half away...
but it's an awesome ride!   8-)

you didn't say what you're using the app(s) for, but it might help inform
the discussion.

and... sorry we all jumped on you!