> On Oct 6, 2017, at 7:59 PM, Greg Fischer <g...@gnotc.com> wrote:
>
> That's file associations and easily changed.
> No mention of what OS you're on, so:
> Windows: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-file-associations-windows
> MacOS:
> http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-change-default-programs-on-mac-3656510/
>   (go to the section, "Changing default apps associated with certain file
> types"

Howdy,

Does the file open with BBEdit, or whatever app is supposed to open it, even
though it has the wrong icon? If so, sigh..., it's the way Apple associates the
icon with the document. It should always associate the document's icon with the
application that is defined to open the file but it doesn't work that way. The
icon is (usually?) associated with a UTI that is associated the document.

Another example. I use TeXShop to work on all of my TeX documents but BBEdit
defines a UTI that all too often gets associated with TeX documents and,
although double clicking opens the file in TeXShop, the icon belongs to BBEdit.

It's infuriating!!!

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)