With OS 10.11.6 and BBEdit 12.0.1 I was able to successfully assign
Ctrl+Opt+Cmd+P (and C, T. S was already assigned) to a clipping and use it.

You may want to try and backup your settings/preferences somewhere and
delete them to see if there's something funny with it as a way to narrow
down the problem. I don't have Keyboard Maestro or KeyCue installed so
can't say if they are a factor.

~Kendall