I get this a lot also, yes it's very annoying!  (although, in my case it
might have started when I attached an external hard drive, but I didn't get
that for previous hard drives, but then I wasn't accessing text files on
them either, on the other other hand now I seem to get it for lots of text
files on the hard drive as well -- but, I also did the OSX update somewhere
in there so maybe that's it).

Cheers, Nick