One thing I find useful is to set a shortcut for "Replace and Find Next". I use
"Cmd-Opt-F" which is normally "Live Search" I guess.

I use Cmd-E and Cmd-Opt-E as described to set up a search/replace and then
cycle through the document doing Cmd-G to advance to the next instance and
either Cmd-G to skip it or Cmd-Opt-F to replace and advance. That way I can
contemplate each replacement to make sure I'm not going to change something I
don't intend. And then if it does seem safe and there are a lot of instances I
do a Cmd-Opt-= to finish the job.

Replace all makes me nervous, but that's what version control is for, right?

[fletcher]