Hi Rick,

What you are asking is as you suspect, beyond BBEdit. It will however
readily integrate with other tools that will make it _feel_ like it is :)

My first thought was something like: <https://www.npmjs.com/package/cheerio

Will be worth hunting around for someone who has turned it into a
Commandline tool already, perhaps:
<https://github.com/mlwmlw/cheerio-cli>

Cheers
Ollie