Hey Cerulean, and any other reading this months or years later,

As I was writing, Blinde's message popped up. How the heck did blinde see
what I was writing?

Everything Blinde wrote, other than tennis and the view, mine is a
mountainous forest, is very similar to my history and feelings about BBEdit
et al, even the Macworld comment, which shows how long they have been
around.

BBEdit is a trusty friend I can rely on. When I do get the urge to try
another app and it fails me, I know BBedit will be there to solve the
problem. Although, I did have some crashes, but that was not BBEdit's cause.

Anyway. For me, knowing that the BBS team has created a long-standing
powerful tool for us users is a warm and comforting feeling. Others apps
might compare is features and price, but that friendship, trust, and warm
comfortable feeling that BBEdit and BBS team give me are priceless.

As they say, It doesn't suck! And it hasn't failed me since 1996.

- gerald martin davenport