Hmm. What about removing the lines of the song instead? I’m sure an
Applescript, awk or some other script can remove every second line, or just
copy it to a new file, and then you won’t need to mess with regex’s.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2560411/how-to-remove-every-other-line-with-sed

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/219859/how-to-delete-every-second-line-from-a-file

Cheers,

Dave