I wrote a script a while back to do this in at least a few helpful cases. I
assign it to Cmd+Enter when I want it to activate. Useful C-style {}
indents, Python indents, comment blocks, and numbered lists. The
AppleScript can be adapted for any specific use case it doesn't fit. It's
aware of your indentation settings as well so will know whether to use tabs
or spaces and how many spaces.

http://www.angelwatt.com/words/2011/04/11/bbedit-smart-newline-open-line/

Hope it's of use to you.

~AW

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 7:55:17 AM UTC-5, Ehler wrote:

> I'm very new to using BBEdit but love a lot of things about it! I'm hoping
> to mimic a feature from Sublime Text that increases the indent contextually
> based on what you're doing with the code. Here's an example in JavaScript
> (I don't claim to know anything)
>
> Here's what it looks like in Sublime Text
> <https://i.imgur.com/TUVnPMX.gifv>
>
> Here's what it looks like in BBEdit doing the same things
> <https://i.imgur.com/EiLsqTC.gifv>

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit>