I logged in as a different user on my Mac and BBEdit presented itself
as "unregistered" so your best bet is probably to create a new
_administrator_ account, then log in as that user and delete your user
account (which I would recommend anyway).

That should take are of "downgrading" most applications — except Mac
App Store apps, which you should probably just delete. You can find
them by running this command in Terminal:

find /Applications -iname _MASReceipt -type d -maxdepth 3 -print \
| sed 's#/Contents/_MASReceipt##g' \
| sort -i \
| bbedit --scratchpad

(see how I made that BBEdit-related at the end there? ;-)

Tj

--
TJ Luoma
TJ @ MacStories