ben -

some of that is bbedit and some is not.

once you’ve googled your ‘how to add a favicon’ solution and want to put it on
every page you would find the appropriate code in your pages and do a
multi-file search to replace code with the new stuff.

i re-map command+shift+f to bring up the multi-search file window. i no longer
remember if this is stock, but for me command+e puts the selected text in the
‘find’ box and command+option+e puts it in the ‘replace’ box. when i
command+shift+f to bring up the multi-search dialog box it’s already
pre-selected to search the current project.

for example, you might search for:

and replace it with:

  <!-- Favicon -->
<LINK REL="shortcut icon" HREF="images/favicon.ico" TYPE="image/x-icon" />

… across all files in that project.

the trick is to 1) figure out what code you need/want to add and then 2) find
some unique string immediately preceding (or following) where you want to put
it and do the global search and replace.

make sense?

> On Aug 5, 2019, at 2:31 PM, Ben Rogers <hist...@pacbell.net
> <mailto:hist...@pacbell.net>> wrote:
>
> I am trying to put a favicon on my website. I have to put code in each header
> for each website page. How do I search out each page and insert the code. I
> know there is a way using the search menu but I cannot figure out how to set
> the search so that BBEdit finds each web page to run the search and add the
> code to the appropriate spot. If someone could help me out with exact steps
> as to how to accomplish this, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>
> --
> This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a
> feature request or need technical support, please email
> "supp...@barebones.com <mailto:supp...@barebones.com>" rather than posting to
> the group.
> Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit
> <https://www.twitter.com/bbedit>>
> ---
> "BBEdit Talk" group.
> email to bbedit+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:bbedit+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bbedit/e1ebcacb-fcb4-43b0-a2bc-bff15bc0abbb%40googlegroups.com
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bbedit/e1ebcacb-fcb4-43b0-a2bc-bff15bc0abbb%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

bruce linde
5 happiness webmaster (four more than the competition!)
http://www.5happy.com/ <http://www.5happy.com/>
http://clockhappy.com/
510.530.1331 office
510.206.9730 mobile