Lawrence, in regards to your question, the last time that I used an all-in-one
website creation app was with Adobe PageMill, which was discontinued at version
three about twenty years ago. The thing about it though, was that, as I learned
later, PageMill inserted a lot of unnecessary, proprietary HTML code in the
pages that it created. While I do run a self-installed WordPress blog, since
leaving PageMill behind years ago, I have depended upon the following software
suite to create all of my web pages for my main website:

BBEdit: all HTML docs are made in BBEdit, and there are thousands of them.

Balthisar Tidy for Work: all HTML checking and automatic correcting is done in
this app.

Adobe Photoshop: all graphics are created in this app.

ImageOptim: all images are optimized n this app to meet Googe’s AMP
requirements.

While I rarely do it anymore — being as many of my pages are made from previous
pages/templates — occasionally I will also run my pages through Google’s online
AMP validator. For Facebook, I also run my new pages through Facebook’s Sharing
Debugger and the Open Graph Object Debugger.

BBEdit has been an indispensable part of my workflow for many years.

Kind regards,

Bill Kochman
Bill’s Bible Basics
wordweaver...@gmail.com
https://www.billkochman.com

> On Dec 17, 2019, at 9:30 AM, Lawrence Salberg <lwrncsl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does no one actually use BBEdit to build websites anymore? Even simple ones?
> Is everything a CMS now (and I'm a CMS expert, but still... I hate them and
> they drag on performance for simple sites).

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>