I am using the latest version of BBEdit. The manual says that

"When you use the right-arrow key to navigate over a closing delimiter
(right paren/brace/bracket/curly quote), the opening delimiter will be
briefly highlighted. If you wish to turn this off, there's an expert pref:
defaults write com.barebones.bbedit FlashBalancePointsWhenNavigating -bool
NO"

It is good that the opening delimiter can be seen when navigating over a
closing delimiter. But it is just flashing quickly and as some code can
have a number of delimiters in a row, it is really hard to see. It is
possible that when standing next to a (closing or opening) delimiter, the
opposite delimiter is highlighted, perhaps both get a different colour? I
cannot seem to find if this option exists, and I find it very handy
(NotePad++ has this feature and can save quite some time!).

Thanks

feature request or need technical support, please email
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <https://twitter.com/bbedit>