I think the problem is that the {2} calling for a repetition of the previous
pattern is outside the parentheses which signal the capture. You can use a
non-capturing group (?: ) to group patterns without creating another capture.
And then wrap the entire new expression with the repetition in parentheses so
its entirety becomes the first capture.

Hope this helps,

[fletcher]