You can have BBEdit run a script by creating a folder ~/Library/Application
Support/BBEdit/Shutdown Items and then adding an AppleScript like this to it.
Open Script Editor, paste this in, and then save it to the Shutdown Items
folder as a .scpt file.

tell application "BBEdit"
  set the contents of the scratchpad document to ""
end tell

Startup Items and Shutdown Items tip found here:
https://matthewminer.com/2020/09/20/bbedit-startup-items

[fletcher]