Before figuring out the best way to do this for me, I would like to ask a few questions.

- In chapter 2 in the manual there is a description of how to share the application support folder using Dropbox or iCloud. The preferred way is Dropbox, I assume iCloud causes some problems?

- Are there any other methods of sharing the application support folder than Dropbox/iCloud? I would prefer not installing Dropbox, and one of the machines I have uses a different Apple ID. What my machines already have in common is, of course, git, and a shared folder on a Synology server, but I don't know if this helps in any way.

- The preference file, I assume there is no way to share that, but what would be the best way to keep them up-to-date? Use the preference file on one machine as the "main" file and copy it to the rest? Use git to maintain a master copy (but I imagine this would not be a good solution since the plist seem to contain temporary data)? I suppose a better question would be: how can I keep the preference settings reasonable up to date on all machines?

= jem

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need
technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.