Hello David,

Here is a Text Filter that might work.

Copy and paste the following into a file. ( Starting with the ‘#' and ending
with the last ‘}’ )

#!/usr/bin/env awk -f

BEGIN {
        RS = "#Start#"
        ORS = ""
        FS = "\n"
        OFS = "\n"
}

{
        sub( /[0-9]+/, NR , $2 )
        print "#Start#" $0
}

Name it something like ’Set Chapter Num.awk’ and save it to
'~/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/Text Filters'.

Then open the file you want to edit and run the script from the ’Text > Apply
Text Filter’.

Hope it works.
— Chris(topher)?