Not quite sure the difference between Save or Save to FTP/SFTP or Save a
Copy to FTP/SFTP Server.

In my case, I don't care about preserving its line endings,

I just want to **keep the file version which I just edited on my hard drive
and also on the server.**

Up to now, I have used the Save a Copy to FTP/SFTP Server, but the Save to
FTP/SFTP works fine also.

- - -

 In the user guide it says:

When you save a file to an FTP or SFTP server using either Save or Save to
FTP/SFTP Server, and the file has Unix (LF) or Windows (CR+LF) line
endings, BBEdit uploads the file in binary mode, preserving its line
endings exactly as they are on your local machine. However, if the file has
Macintosh (CR) line endings, it is uploaded in text mode so that the server
can convert the line endings as appropriate.

Finally, you can use Save a Copy to FTP/SFTP Server to upload a copy of
your current file to an FTP server while keeping your local file open. This
is especially useful when you maintain website content on your local hard
drive and only need to upload changes made in one or two files to the
server.

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than