Gentlefolk,

Regarding the $subject above, I’ve installed fblome’s Codeless
Language Module (CLM), <https://github.com/fblome/bbedit-asciidoc>.
And, while absolutely acknowledging I’m looking a gift horse in the
mouth, the syntax highlighting it provides is underwhelming.

Equivalent add-ons are available for other editors.

For *VSCodium* there’s
<https://open-vsx.org/extension/asciidoctor/asciidoctor-vscode>.

For *Atom* there’s
<https://github.com/asciidoctor/atom-language-asciidoc>
(most readily installed as part of
<https://github.com/asciidoctor/atom-asciidoc-assistant>).

And both these add-ons make their respective editors delineate
syntactic elements more completely than the CLM available for BBEdit.
But I absolutely prefer BBEdit as a working environment. The
combination of BBEdit’s many specific niftinesses, and proper macOS
nativeness, is still a serious win.

Also, while the VSCodium extension and the Atom package highlight more
syntatic elements than fblome’s CLM, neither is complete. The most
complete, so far as I can gather, is MacVim’s built-in AsciiDoc syntax
highlighting. And I *really* don’t want to use any flavour of `vim`.

I’ve exhausted my own Google-fu and thought asking real people might
turn up something I’ve missed. Either a better AsciiDoc CLM, or,
perhaps, an AsciiDoc Language Server Protocol (LSP) that I’ve not
managed to turn up.

Many thanks, in advance.

Regards,

Brian Forte.
--
Brian Forte
<bfo...@adelaide.on.net>

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than