Weird that you mention this, because I experienced the same behavior a couple hours ago. Or a slight variant where on switching to the app there was a few seconds delay in it registering to type or other actions. At the time I thought it was just context switching because my machine had over-allocated its RAM and BBEdit probably had to be moved from compressed RAM. Maybe that was still the case, but the fact someone else brings this up is interesting. -- Darren Duncan

On 2022-05-27 1:02 p.m., Nick J wrote:
When I Cmd-Tab to BBEdit, it takes a couple of seconds for it to show.
This isn't happening with any other apps on my M1 Macbook Air.
Switching stays fast for some time, but becomes slow again if I haven't used BBEdit in a while.
Activity Monitor shows only 330MB of swap used:
Physical memory: 8GB
Memory used: 6.9GB (app memory: 2.09GB, wired memory 1.59GB, compressed: 2.98GB)
Cached files: 1.04GB
Swap used: 337MB

What could be happening? I've used BBEdit for 10+ years and never seen anything like this.

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need
technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.