Bare Bones has paid much attention to my bug report and has resolved the
issue. This should be fixed already in the next BBedit release.

Many thanks to Rich and the rest of the team!

On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 9:43:42 PM UTC+2 Daniel Graziotin wrote:

> I am now confident that this is a bug in BBedit, and I tracked down when
> the bug was introduced.
>
> I downloaded all versions since 14 was introduced, and I tried them one by
> one...
> The bug was introduced in BBEdit 14.1.1.
> BBedit 14.1 is the last version that has LSP support working for files
> hosted in the iCloud Drive.
> Any version starting with 14.1.1 has LSP broken for files in the iCloud
> Drive.
>
> I am in contact with Bare Bones about this, and I hope that they will find
> out the culprit.
>
> Meanwhile, anyone could reproduce the issue?
>
> On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 3:55:32 PM UTC+2 Daniel Graziotin wrote:
>
>> I have new information.
>>
>> I randomly opened a file that is _not_ in my iCloud Drive. LSP support
>> started working again.
>> I copied one of my projects from the iCloud Drive to my home directory
>> (i.e., outside of the iCloud Drive) and LSP support works perfectly fine.
>>
>> Somehow, BBedit's support for LSP has stopped working for me for iCloud
>> Drive hosted files. It used to work.
>>
>> Anyone else has seen this before and knows how to fix? I keep most of my
>> stuff in the iCloud Drive.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>
>> On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 2:19:41 PM UTC+2 Daniel Graziotin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> All LSP servers have stopped working for me. I used to have one for
>>> Shell scripts, one for LaTeX, one for Docker and they worked flawlessy. All
>>> of sudden, they do not work anymore.
>>>
>>> I tried reinstalling BBedit as well reinstalling the LSP implementations
>>> up to reinstalling homebrew completely, but I still face the same issue.
>>>
>>> I will take BBedit's built-in one for Unix Shell Scripts as example.
>>>
>>> This is from a vanilla BBedit installation.
>>>
>>> I installed bash-language-server (brew install
>>> bash-language-server). /usr/local/bin/bash-language-server is in my $PATH.
>>> BBedit shows a green dot under Languages -> Installed languages for Unix
>>> Shell Script.
>>>
>>> Custom Filename extension mappings is empty, Language-specific settings
>>> shows an entry for Python that I did not put there.
>>>
>>> $HOME/Library/Mobile
>>> Documents/iCloud~com~barebones~bbedit/Documents/Application
>>> Support/Language Servers/Configuration is empty.
>>>
>>> That is it.
>>>
>>> When I open a .sh file, the "Diagnostic" button stays gray.
>>>
>>> The log LanguageServerProtocol-Unix Shell Script shows this entry:

>>> 2022-07-27 12:02:56.711: Application startup: 14.5.1 (14C208), r28304
>>> 2022-07-27 12:02:56.712: macOS version: 12.5 (21G72)
>>> 2022-07-27 12:02:57.001: Server message: Initialized server v. 3.0.5 for
>>> file:///path/to/a/project/of/mine

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than