Hi All,

Haven’t been on this list for a while, so if you talked about this, please
point me in the right direction.

I love the Pattern Playground.

My issue is, I need to use some other the patterns in other systems that have
stricter rules, or need more escaping.

Like when you move your pattern to Java or some other systems, where you need
to escape \ to \\.

Suggestions:

1: Could it be possible to have a ‘Copy Escaped..’ that could copy the pattern
escaped, so we can see correct patterns that work in BBEdit, and don’t have to
look at all those escapes? 😀
1a: Enable Require Escaping ‘\’ in the playground..

2: Limit Playground to older/simpler RegEx versions?
Could it be possible to select older/simpler versions of RegEx as the ‘engine’,
if you need to test patterns against those versions?
It’s my understanding that the Perl Regex has a bit different rules, or is it
just ‘coding habits'?

3: Limit the Source the pattern work on, to a set number of bytes/kbytes?
In some other systems, the incoming buffer has a limit, and it could be useful
to set that limit in BBEdit’s Playground, so it shows the ‘overrun’ as greyed
out, letting me know why it will not find the pattern in the part ‘overrun’

Thanks, again, for a great tool, and community.

--

    Jakob Peterhänsel

"Be a part of the Love Generation - carry a smile, not a gun."
- JP, May 2006

Phone:     +45 29808600

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than