Hi,

I'm trying to use BBEdit for Go development with the LSP support. Most of
the basic stuff like jumping to definitions worked out of the box.

However I'm missing an essential feature that's possible with VS Code's Go
extension: smart suggestions without typing a letter, just based on the
position in the source code. I do not mean Copilot like autocompletions.
Just e.g. calling a Go function, cursor after the opening bracket and
hitting Ctrl-Space in VS Code. Then I get suggestions for completions based
on the types of the parameters. Is this possible with BBEdit and Go's LSP
support? The Edit -> Complete menu item is greyed out.

Also: the Show Parameter Help popup closes when I start typing parameters.
Is it possible to keep it open while I'm still inside the parentheses?

When I complete a function call name, it looks like this:

scrapper.FetchShows(<# 1: #>)

The <# 1: #> is selected. In VS Code I see the parameters automatically
when I type the opening parentheses. The current argument is also
highlighted in the popup.

Cheers,
Nils

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than