Hi Peter,

 1. Activate the system AppleScript Menu in the menubar
      • Launch the Script Editor at Applications/Utilities/Script Editor.app
      • In Script Editor's settings, check the 'Show Script menu in menu
bar' checkbox
      • Now you should have a permanent new Script menu on the right of
your  menubar
      • In this Script menu, choose 'Open Scripts Folder' > 'Open User
Scripts Folder'

[image: Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 08.53.22.png]

2. Copy this AppleScript into the folder that was just opened, naming the
script 'Open BBEdit Notes.applescript'

*use* AppleScript version "2.8"

*use* *scripting additions*

*tell* *application* "System Events" *to* *tell* *process* "BBEdit"

   *set* frontmost *to* *true*

   *click* *menu item* "Notes" *of* *first* *menu* *of* *menu bar item*
"Window" *of* *first* *menu bar*

*end* *tell*

3. The menu item 'Open BBEdit Notes' should now appear somewhere in the
menubar Script menu.

Now on, you will be able to open the BBEdit's Notes window from everywhere.

HTH

Jean Jourdain

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than