Gentlefolk,

I feel like I’m missing something obvious here.

1. Select *Search → Multi-File Search…* (or press ⌘⇧F)

2. Find: [search term here]

3. Search in: My Files & Folders > git-repos — ~/path/to/folder

4. File filter: asciidoc files

        * Filter name: asciidoc files
        * Matching: 🔘 Any term may match (“OR’) ⭕️ All terms must match (“
AND’)
        * [Name extension] [is] .adoc

Start the search.

In a very few seconds, the ‘Searching’ value in the Search results
window presents “file-name.zip” as the file currently being searched.

A file with a name extension of `.zip` file does not match the
filter’s single requirement.

## Notes

1. Changing the file filter’s *Matching* value to AND does not change
   the filter’s behaviour.

2. Changing the Name extension string to be matched to ‘adoc’ (ie,
   removing the pre-pending full-stop) does not change the filter’s
   behaviour.

I know .zip files are archives containing other files, and said other
files could, theoretically, be AsciiDoc files.

But, in both the every-day sense, and in the
what-commands-I-use-when-I’m-in-the-shell sense, a .zip file is *not*
a folder.

To my mind, setting the condition as file-extenstion = .adoc should
mean only files with that filename extension will be searched.

Hence my initial statement: I feel like I’m missing something obvious
here.

Thanks in advance. Especially thanks if it is obvious (even if only in
retrospect).

Regards,

— bforte.
--
Brian Forte
<bfo...@adelaide.on.net>

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or believe that the application isn't working correctly, please email