On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 06:42:50PM -0600, Larry Finger wrote:
> Josh Coffman wrote:
> >I've been trying to compile the source from the stand
> >alone snapshot on fc4. I keep getting compile errors
> >and am wondering if I need any special setup or tools
> >on FC4?
> >
> >I can post the exact message when I get home. It was
> >something like an incorrect method or parameter.
>
> When you compile bcm43xx, the appropriate version of ieee80211 needs to be
> installed. If you are using softmac, you need to compile and install
> softmac first. The installation will change things in the kernel tree, then
> bcm43xx should compile.

Josh may want to start with the fedora-netdev kernels I maintain:

        http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/fedora-netdev/

I have started pulling from wireless-2.6 (currently softmac-all
branch) as well as netdev-2.6 and net-2.6.  So, that means that the
softmac version of bcm43xx is available in precompiled form for an
FC4-based kernel.  Even if you want a later version of the driver,
those kernels are probably a good place to start.

John

P.S.  If you want the source RPM, look under here:

        http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/fedora-netdev/4/rpms/SRPMS/

--
John W. Linville
[EMAIL PROTECTED]