On Monday 11 December 2006 11:33, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 04:12:45PM -0600, Larry Finger wrote:
> > This version of the patch not only reports the status of the
> > hardware-enabled flag, but it also sets
> > the LED's 2 and 3 with opposite states.
>
> why?, isn't LED 3 the only one that is meant to be activated as it indicates
> that radio is enabled as per the SPEC?, or maybe 4 to 6 depending on the mode
> the radio is on? and why are the values being set and no register updated?
>
> > For those of you with switches to
> > turn the radio on/off,
> > please report if the LED in the switch changes state, and whether it is on
> > or off when the radio is on.
>
> I have only 1 LED and it is not turning ON/OFF with this patch.
>
> It turns ON/OFF with the patch I made originally though and which uses
> bcm43xx_leds_switch_all(bcm, 0) to update the LED status during the
> bcm43xx_periodic_every1sec call.
>
> As I mentioned originally, the LED turns ON at init of the card regardless of
> the status of the hardware enabled bit (I pressumed when the call for
> bcm43xx_radio_turn_on is done, but never checked), and if the radio is
> disabled it turns off as soon as softmac's association fails and the radio
> gets turned off (no idea where, as I really didn't trace it either) but that
> was why i commented out that probably all those functions were doing was to
> update the LEDs.

Well, this information is all rather useless.
Please track down _which_ exact bits generate your desired behaviour.
We can not do this for you, as we don't have your hardware.

It's as simple as this: If someone sees bad behaviour of _his_ leds,
he must track it down himself, because we don't have the hardware to
do it.

> > This patch also starts the implementation of the current specs regarding
> > periodic work.
>
> I see now the SPEC had several tasks to be done every second, including some
> of the ones that were before in the every 15 seconds periodic call in the
> code
> (which was somethig that surprised me on the patch to begin with).
>
> Any idea of why it was done this way before?, just curious.

Come on. You already know the answer.
Hint: How has this spec been developed?

--
Greetings Michael.