Since those changes are in the fedora-netdev repo, I downloaded that kernel* and performance jumped to over 7Mbps to outside testing places.
Wow!  Nice job guys!

Thanks for the advice, Larry, and thanks for the hard work from the development and spec teams!

Ehud

*ok, it wasn't quite that simple because I have an Nvidia video card.
First I downloaded kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.4.4.netdev.8.fc6, which replaced my 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6 (from fedora-updates repo). No more usable video because of the Nvidia kernel module, but I could verify that bcm43xx worked like a charm. Downloaded the kernel source RPM. Changed the kernel ID from "-prep" to "-1.2933.fc6", built, installed, and now everything works like a charm... the bcm4311 card is running like a rocket... my Nvidia proprietary kernel module binary is loading... and life is good. In short, again, THANKS! I only mention the story so that other people tempted to just download the kernel will consider whether they too have to put up with vendors who are so shortsighted as to release binary-only modules requiring those of us who want to use their product (or have no choice, depending on circumstance) with the latest and greatest kernel...

Larry Finger wrote:
Use the very latest set of patches. The stuff that is coming with 2.6.21
changed my interface from
working best at 1 Mbs to having the best throughput at 36 Mbs. It doesn't do as
well as the Windows
driver (ndiswrapper), but it isn't too far from it. My downlink from Time Warner is
rated at & Mbs,
but I have not yet found an external site that can saturate it. I get almost as
good a throughput as
my wired interface on a 100 Mps link.

All of the changes that are in 2.6.21 can be found at the ftp site in the

Larry