Johan Ehnberg wrote:
> Pavel Roskin wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 14:49 +0200, Johan Ehnberg wrote:
>>
>>> referring to the page on http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/?go=devices, here is
>>> my integrated card on a HP Compaq nx6325. So far, I have had no luck
>>> with the bcm43xx driver, but ndiswrapper works.
>>>
>>> 30:00.0 0280: 14e4:4312 (rev 01)
>>>          Subsystem: 103c:1361
>> The driver has an entry for this card in bcm43xx_main.c:
>>
>> /* Broadcom 4312 802.11a/b/g */
>> { PCI_VENDOR_ID_BROADCOM, 0x4312, PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, 0 },
>>
>> I believe the bcm43xx driver should work for your card with no changes.
>> You may want to report the problem with more details.  Please make sure
>> that you have version 3 firmware installed.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I am running Ubuntu 7.04 with kernel 2.6.20. Firmware was downloaded
> automatically and is a:
>    filename   :  wl_apsta.o
>    version    :  3.130.20.0
>    MD5        :  e08665c5c5b66beb9c3b2dd54aa80cb3
>    microcodes :  2 4 5 11
>    pcms       :  4 5
>
> If you want, I can help you with testing on my machine. However, as I
> understand the WPA isn't too stable so I can't run it by default.
>
> With the bcm43xx driver I was able to list networks, but never get a
> connection. With the exact same config, ndiswrapper brings up my network.
>
> I remember there was also some issue with specific driver versions and
> my model but this might have been with ndiswrapper.
>
> Also, I got this kind of errors today with bcm43xx:
> Apr 16 14:33:03 shadowlap kernel: [ 2406.292000] SoftMAC: Authentication
> timed out with 00:0e:84:d2:8f:20

You have a signal strength issue.

For any version of the bcm43xx devices, maximum performance is obtained only by
downloading and
installing the appropriate patch from ftp://lwfinger.dynalias.org/patches for
any kernel through
2.6.21-rc7. It is expected that 2.6.22-rc1 (when it is released) will have all
current improvements
installed.

Once the signal strength is fixed by the patch, WPA is fully stable. My 4311
has the same PHY and
radio version as your 4312, and it works with WPA-PSK TKIP without any problems.

Larry