Pavel, thank you for your note:)

Please let me know which kernel you recommend I try, and I will happily download and try it.

FYI while I have left the SSID unchanged (WHY do people munge that???) I did munge the keys, so you can safely ignore that.

ON the other hand should you ever be anywhere near my house in Tucson Arizona USA, please do let me know, and I'll happily provide you the real credentials for authenticating on the network.

*cheers*

Ehud
PS Ok, I thought bcm43xx vs bcm43xx_mac80211 was "soft" because it used softmac and bcm43xx_mac80211 used the old devicescape-stack which is alternately the "non-soft" (or hard) stack. If there's a better terminology, I look forward to being educated.

In reference, I used 2.6.22-rc3 (linville git tree) 2.6.22-rc6 (linville git tree) and not included but previously tested 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 Fedora kernel. All built from source and ready for changes if need be.