I don't know if this matters, but I have a Acer Ferrari 3400 notebook,
and according to the device list on the web site, the wireless chip
should be the following:
- chip id: 4318
- product id: 0x4318
- subsystem vendor id: 0x1468
- subsystem product id 0x0312,
but instead lspci shows me that the notebook contains a chip with
- chip id: 4306
- product id: 0x4320
- subsystem vendor id: 0x185f
- subsystem product id 0x1220.
It is to original chip that was contained when I bought the notebook.
Maybe the information on the device site is not accurate, or Acer put
different chips inside their Ferrari 3400 notebooks?

Another question: The driver works, but it has a much lower range than
the Windows driver, i.e. I am not able to get a connection in places
where on Windows I can connect with 36 MB/s and a good signal quality.
Is this a known limitation? I think some time ago I read that bcm43xx
uses firmware version 2.x, while the Windows drivers are already using
version 3.x. Is that the problem, and is there a hope that the receiving
quality will improve in the future?

Last, but not least I want to say that i appreciate your work and I want
to thank you for what you have than for the Open Source community!

Andreas