> I've seen this while testing the 4301 driver (also mac80211).
> I do not get it when booting into recovery mode, but is 100% reproducible when
> booting into X. A guess is that networkmanager is involved in it. I am also
> pretty sure that "Usage count" equals the number of times the driver has been
> reloaded. I can shut down fine when I've not reloaded the module.
>
> My specs: 2.6.23-rc1+bcm4301 driver, 4311 hardware, kubuntu feisty.

I will do some tests to see if killing NM first will resolve this.
This is not the first NM bug with this driver that i have noticed. The
nice thing about this bug is that it is easy to reproduce. Also i have
notice that failure rate has risen to ~50%

PS
Sorry for the top post on that last message

--
Brennan Ashton
Bellingham, Washington

"The box said, 'Requires Windows 98 or better'. So I installed Linux"