[EMAIL PROTECTED] test]# git status
# On branch master
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#       arch/x86_64/vdso/vdso.lds
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] test]# git diff
[EMAIL PROTECTED] test]#

Michael Buesch wrote:
On Wednesday 08 August 2007 18:11:03 Larry Finger wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] test]# patch -p1 < patch-2007-aug-08-lfinger.txt patching file drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx-mac80211/bcm43xx_main.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1503.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1512.
drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx-mac80211/bcm43xx_main.c.rej
The patch failed, but it shouldn't have. Have you done a 'git bisect reset' since we finished the bisecting? That would be a problem. Just in case, do the following:

git bisect reset
git checkout -f
git pull

Then apply the patch. If you get any REJECTS, please let me know. I'll hold off on analyzing those assertions until the code is in a known state.

Yeah, your tree is still unclean.
After cleaning it you can verify if it's clean by inspecting
the output of
git status
and
git diff

status should _not_ talk about "modified" files
or something like that. diff should output nothing.
A clean tree looks like this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/develop/git/wireless-dev$ git status
nothing to commit
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/develop/git/wireless-dev$ git diff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/develop/git/wireless-dev$