Hello, I just upgraded fedora 7 to the 2.6.22.5-76 kernel last night.
After the update the ndiswrapper quit working.  So I thought I would
give it another shot with the native driver.  I downloaded the version
3 and 4 firmwares and tried the first time with the b43 driver which
did not work, after modprobing the driver the dmesg out indicated that
the radio was turned off.  I then tried the bcm43xx driver with the
version 3 firmware and it output the same thing the radio was turned
off.

I then reinstalled the ndiswrapper and installed the driver that I had
been using, when I did ndiswrapper -l it indicated that the driver was
installed with an alternate driver of ssb.

Now the wireless still does not work and when I used to see lspci
output 4311 at 00:03:0 now the device is not listed by lspci, it is
like the device has just been removed from the machine.  The machine
is an HP DV9208NR with the Dell wlan mini pcie device.

I have looked in the bios and there are not options to turn it off or
on.  Is it possible that the driver somehow turned the card off
completely or maybe some other explanation.

Thanks for any thoughts or assistance.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at