On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 13:23:47 +0100
Francesco Gringoli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I spent a couple of day trying to collect all documents about what
> Broadcom has acquired before 1999 and that could have been
> implemented into AirForce Mac Processors. I didn't find anything that
> was explicitly saying "we are using this core". I have now a few
> conjectures about the library used to build the chip, let's say a few
> candidate:
>
> - E14 firepath
> - Trimedia CPU64
> - A kind of ARM core mixed with a FPGA lib
>
> I discovered some patents talking about wifi network and the CPUs of
> above. Do you have any idea?

Why are you interested in this? I mean, you have been provided with the
complete instruction set and an almost complete list of registers. You have
been provided with a driver which can give you ucode register values in
realtime. What else do you need? To me, it looks like you want other people
to do your homework.

If you could put your efforts on writing specs for firmware operation
(i.e. not the instruction set, but what exactly does the firmware do) or
writing an open firmware based upon the info I listed above (you can do
that, there's an Italian 'fair use' law, so if you reverse engineer and code
together for compatibility purposes only, it's perfectly legal), it would be
just great.

We are short on people here. I just can't do any reverse engineering because
I would get tainted (me too I live in Italy, but I'm working with other
people who are based elsewhere), same for Michael, and we couldn't go on
with driver development then. I'm willing to help with a firmware rewrite
(that wouldn't taint me, as long as I'm given clean specs), and your work
on reverse engineering would be greatly appreciated then.

--
Ciao
Stefano