On Monday 17 December 2007 15:09:32 Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
>>> But shouldn't setting/unsetting B43_DEBUG only affect the
>>> verbosity level of the kernel messages, but not change any
>>> functionality?

>> No.

> So that means enabling Broadcom 43xx debugging may disable
> functionality?

You're confused :-)

When you turn debugging on, you'll get a variety of additional
debug messages into your kernel log. You expected them all to be
identical, but they aren't necessarily. For example, the value
after cur= is a value that has actually been measured, so don't
assume that it stays all the time at exactly the same value. It
depends on your (physical) circumstances what get's measured and
printed.

The "No" was the answer to the last part of your question. "No,
it should not change functionality" is a more verbose form.

Note that there might be rare situations where turning on debug
messages change functionality: in the case of race-conditions.
I'll leave the explanation of this to your google skills :-)