[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> My apologies if I'm spamming the wrong list; please
reply privately and I'll take this elsewhere if so.

> I have a Bcm 4315 (not 18, not 03....) and it seems
that this model is not listed anywhere in any
references I can find; not even Broadcom's site.  Is
it an OEM version of some other model by chance?

> Anyone hear of lspci returning 4315?
>
> 02:00.0 0280: 14e4:4315 (rev 01)
>
> The laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6835-nr, if that's of
any help.

> I have tried several times to load the drivers, but
though my Gentoo kernel seems to support 43xx and the
module indicates that it load, ifconfig -a doesn't
show any additional network devices afterwards.  No
errors in dmesg, and there's a short notification on
successfully loading the bcm43xx driver.  A 'modprobe
b43' returns no failure, but dmesg doesn't acknowledge
it, either.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-58904-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3686699&os=2100&lang=en

<http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-58904-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3686699&os=2100&lang=en>
says:
Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows
Vista
HP Pavilion dv6835nr Notebook PC
[...]
Supported Devices and Features
Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g WLAN Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN
Broadcom 4321AG
802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Broadcom 4322AG
802.11a/b/g/draft-n
Wi-Fi Adapter

Hugo