Francesco Gringoli wrote:
> Has anyone knowledge about incompatibility between b43/bcm adapters and
> this kind of CardBus bridge (as reported by lspci)
>
> CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc CB-720/2/4 Cardbus Controller (rev 01)

Does that bridge use Yenta as its driver? From lspci, my bridges are

O2 Micro, Inc. OZ6832/6833 Cardbus Controller (rev 34)

Yenta_socket is definitely the module used by this device.

> I always believed it was 32-bit (isn't it?) and I used it without
> problems for a long time with an Atheros controller so I believe it is
> not broken.

If lspci sees the card as well as the bridge, it is 32 bit.

I'm about to start my test using my BCM4318 and the proprietary
firmware. I don't expect any failure, but I'll let it run for at least
14 hours, which is twice as long as the longest successful run with
the open firmware.

Larry